Community events and fundraisers by school groups, individuals, and businesses not only raise essential funds in support of Avalon, they also promote awareness about the impact of sexualized violence in our community.
If you think sexual assault services need to be more available and accessible, show your support by hosting your own event or activity to raise money for Avalon.
Some ideas to get you started:
- Hold a car wash, plant sale or bottle drive in your community
- Coordinate a ‘casual day’, 50/50 draw, or BBQ at your workplace
- Organize a charity tournament
- Hold a benefit concert, speaker series or movie night
- Plan a school fundraiser such as a walk/run/skip/dance-a-thon, bake sale or raffle
We ask that all third party fundraisers in support of Avalon align with our vision, mission, and guiding principles. To get started, download our Third Party Fundraising Toolkit. The toolkit contains our Fundraising Guidelines and application, as well as some great ideas and important steps to follow.