The Initial Response and Foundations of Safety Term Therapist will provide short-term therapeutic counselling sessions to women and trans individuals, 16 years and older, who have experienced a recent sexual assault and/or sexual harassment , past sexual assault and/or childhood sexual abuse, as well as, information sessions to non-offending parents. In addition, this position will assist in providing information to individuals and service providers regarding our specialized counselling program, complete counselling requests, respond to crisis calls, provide referral and advocacy, and complete initial consultations. The Initial Response and Foundation of Safety Therapist will work conjointly in the co-facilitation of groups.
- A graduate level Degree in Social Work, Counselling or Psychology is preferred. Consideration will be given to applicants possessing a Bachelor Level Degree, who have significant work experience in this area.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in providing trauma-informed individual counselling, crisis support and advocacy in the areas of gendered violence, sexual assault and childhood sexual abuse.
- Specialized training related to sexual assault/abuse and anti-oppressive feminist practice and trauma informed practice required.
- Previous group counselling experience in this area an asset.
- Must be eligible for registration with their provincial professional regulatory association.
- Applicants are required to have a working knowledge of Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Terms of the Position:
This is term position will conclude at the end of September 2016. Remuneration will be based upon the successful candidate’s level of education and experience, along with the requirements of the position. Employment hours will be full-time; five days per week (35 hours), with some evening work.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter to: Avalon Sexual Assault Centre, Attention Jackie Stevens, Executive Director by email: email@example.com
- Please no phone calls. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Deadline for Applications: 16th , 2015