Therapeutic Counselling Program: Update about our Wait List
Hello Avalon community & collaborative partners/service providers, Friends of Avalon Centre, Service users, and community members,
On behalf of the counselling team staff, we want to provide the community with an update regarding accessing counselling services at Avalon Sexual Assault Centre and our service parameters.
|Your calls and counselling requests are extremely important to us. We strive to provide assistance as soon as possible.|
Our specialized therapeutic counselling program is available to women & Trans/gender non-identified individuals 16 years and older, who have experienced a recent or historical sexual assault, childhood sexual abuse, and/or sexual harassment. We also provide individual information sessions to the non-offending parents of children who have disclosed sexual abuse, and to supportive partners of clients accessing services. Please refer to counselling services on our website for more information http://avaloncentre.ca/services/counselling-services/.
Important: How to access therapeutic counselling services at Avalon Centre
- If your call involves a recent assault within the past three months and you would like to speak with an Avalon counsellor, your call will be prioritized and every attempt will be made to return your inquiry within 24 business hours.
- An initial consultation and support session will be offered to you within 7-10 business days. Also, if this call is in regards to a recent sexual assault, we can share with you the phone number for the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners.
- We offer 1-10 therapeutic counselling sessions to those who are currently experiencing a heightened time of distress or crisis following a recent sexual assault or are experiencing strong flashbacks and immediate distress stemming from a past sexual violation.
- These ‘Foundations of Safety’ therapeutic counselling sessions are intended to assist people in moving through an immediate crisis. Individuals who have experienced a recent sexual assault are prioritized for Foundations of Safety Sessions, and there is no waitlist for receiving services.
- If you have experienced a historical abuse, Avalon therapists try their best to return calls as soon as possible. However, depending upon the volume of service request calls and the number of people coming in for booked sessions, it may not be possible to return your call right away.
- All calls are returned within 72 business hours unless this call is in regards to a recent sexual assault.
- Clients who have experienced a historical abuse, will be offered an initial consultation within 4 – 6 weeks of the counselling request.
- We offer 1 – 20 ‘Relational Healing’ services for those addressing historical sexual abuse and/or past sexual assault.
- Unfortunately, current resource limitations require that we operate with a wait-list for our historical sexual abuse/assault stream of counselling. The length of the wait list varies overtime. The therapist that you meet with for the consultation session will discuss this with you.
- We do offer 1-3 quicker to access bridging sessions to those on the waitlist who are seeking some immediate support in addressing current trauma related triggers and concerns.
We understand that it can be challenging to be placed on a waitlist, and do not want to deter people from calling in to meet with a counsellor. We work hard to ensure each client receives a high level of specialized service.
Important: there is no wait for those who have experienced a recent sexual assault to access our counselling services.
Avalon Centre’s goal is to ensure that our client population has access to information, support, and specialized counselling services after sexual assault/abuse. Please contact us for information about our programs and services, and for referrals to other appropriate services.
|Avalon Centre’s goal is to ensure that our client population has access to information, support and specialized counselling services after sexual assault/abuse. Please contact us for information about our programs and services, and for referrals to other options and supports.|