This position has been filled
Provide individual therapeutic trauma healing counselling services to women and trans individuals, 16-years and older, who have experienced childhood sexual abuse, adult sexual assault or are non-offending parents of sexually abused children. This one-year, full-time term counselling position will carry a caseload primarily focused on providing relational trauma healing counselling to clients who have experienced historical childhood sexual abuse and/or past sexual assault. The counsellor will also co-facilitate group programs. This position will provide back-up in assisting with completing counselling requests, initial consultations and in offering quicker to access counselling sessions to those who have experienced a recent sexual assault when needed.
- Applicants should possess a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counselling or Psychology.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in providing trauma informed individual counselling/therapy, crisis support and advocacy in the areas of violence against women, sexual assault and historical childhood sexual abuse is required. This therapeutic healing focus will require advanced knowledge and skills in working with complex relational trauma cases. Experience in group facilitation in this area is preferred.
- Specialized training and knowledge related to sexual assault/abuse trauma healing work, women’s issues and anti-oppressive feminist practice is essential. The successful candidate will have integrated a trauma informed practice within a feminist relational counselling approach.
- The successful candidate must be registered with their provincial professional regulatory association.
- Applicants are required to have a working knowledge of Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Terms of the Position:
This is a one-year term position. Remuneration will be based upon level of education/experience and requirements of the position. Work hours will be full-time; five days per week (35 hours), some evenings may be required.
- Please submit a resume and covering letter to: Avalon Sexual Assault Centre, Attention Jackie Stevens, Acting Executive Director by email: email@example.com
- Please no phone calls. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Deadline for Applications: Wednesday, August 13, 2014