The Relational Healing Term Therapist will provide individual interpersonal trauma healing counselling services to women and trans individuals, 16-years and older, who have experienced childhood sexual abuse, adult sexual assault or are non-offending parents of sexually abused children. This one-year, full-time therapeutic counselling position will carry a caseload primarily focused on providing relational trauma healing counselling to clients who have experienced historical childhood sexual abuse and/or past sexual assault. The Relational Healing term therapist will also co-facilitate group programs. This position will provide back-up in assisting with completing counselling services requests and in offering quicker to access support and therapeutic counselling sessions to those who have experienced a recent sexual assault.
- Applicants should possess a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counselling or Psychology.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in providing trauma informed individual counselling/therapy, crisis support and advocacy in the area of sexual assault and historical childhood sexual abuse is required. This therapeutic healing focus will require advanced knowledge and skills in working with complex interpersonal trauma.
- Experience in group facilitation in this area is preferred.
- Specialized training and knowledge related to sexual assault/abuse trauma healing work within an anti-oppressive feminist framework is essential. The successful candidate will have integrated a trauma informed practice within a feminist relational counselling approach.
- The successful candidate must be registered with their provincial professional regulatory association.
- Applicants are required to have a working knowledge of Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Terms of the Position:
This is a one-year term position. Remuneration will be based upon the successful candidate’s level of education and experience, along with the requirements of the position. Employment hours will be full-time; five days per week (35 hours), with some evening work.
- Please submit a resume and covering letter to: Avalon Sexual Assault Centre, Attention Jackie Stevens, Executive Director by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please no phone calls. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Deadline for Applications: Wednesday, January 9th, 2015