Avalon Sexual Assault Centre, a feminist non-profit community based women’s organization, is seeking to fill a position of Office Manager. The Office Manager assists the Executive Director for ensuring smooth operation of the centre by maintaining a full set of accounting records including financial statements for various accounts; and the provision of office management and secretarial/administrative support as required.
Overview of Duties
- Manage computerized set of bookkeeping records for the Centre’s various accounts
- Compile information for annual audit.
- Assist in the preparation of budget and grant applications
- Manage daily banking
- Track donations received and issue tax receipts
- Monitor the financial conditions and ensure budget control
- Maintain filing system for all financials
- Enter payroll
- General accounting duties
- Administrative contact for Avalon in absence of Executive Director
- Contract/agreement negotiation and tracking (equipment, etc)
- Information technology (computer support for staff, set up new employees, procurement of equipment, daily backup of server)
- Prepare meeting minutes/agendas, letters, reports, annual reports, mailing lists, graphs, spreadsheets
- Provide supervision and training to volunteers and summer placement students.
- Maintain list of Board members
- Audited financial statements to Registry of Joint Stock; Department of Community Services; and other funding bodies
- Assist with preparation of grants and reports
- General administrative duties
- Answer calls (distressed potential clients, clients, various agencies and institutions)
- Greet clients and offer refreshment
- Greet mail person/couriers and send off/distribute packages
- Member of Avalon Human Resources Committee
- Maintain employee files (paper and electronic)
- Employee paperwork – new hire forms, tax forms
- Track employee vacation, sick and OT hours
- Draft position descriptions and offer letters
- General Human Resources duties
- Two years community College or Institute Diploma.
- Certificate in Management/Secretarial or equivalent training and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of office experience including bookkeeping.
- Experience with Simply Accounting Program, Quickbooks Accounting Program, Microsoft Office.
- Must be knowledgeable in accounting procedures and practices.
- Be capable of working independently and taking initiative.
- Be able to work under direction as well as independently.
- Capable of forming contracts with vendors, banking institutions, government agencies, Board of Directors, and provincial and municipal government.
- Ability to input statistics, prepare business letters, forms and spreadsheets.
- Computer literate: knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint) Simply Accounting, Quickbooks.
- Ability to deal with people who are upset, handle frequent interruptions, repetitive work and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work confidentially.
- Knowledge of Payroll Deductions manual, Record of Employment manual, Resource List, Policy and Procedures manual including Personnel Policy manual.
Terms of the Position
Remuneration will be based upon level of knowledge/experience and requirements of the position.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter to Jackie Stevens, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline: Wednesday, September 16, 2015.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.