The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. A detailed Job Description is available upon request.
- Operational planning and management
- Program planning and management
- Human resources planning and management
- Financial planning and management
- Community relations/advocacy
- Risk management
- Key relationships (Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, donors, community, media, equity seeking organizations, suppliers, contractors, government).
- 5 or more years of progressive management experience in the not-for-profit sector organization
- Graduate level university degree in a related field preferred
- Knowledge and experience in leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit organizations
- Knowledge and experience working with a feminist approach
- Knowledge and experience working with issues related to sexualized violence
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization
- Knowledge/experience with financial management, project management and human resource management
- Computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel)
Terms of the Position
Permanent full-time position. Salary to be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The range of hours stipulated as core hours of work is 35-40 hours/wk. Primarily a self-directed position with respect to accomplishing the functions of the position and requires flexibility. Additional work outside standard office hours will be required; this flexibility will be applied to time off where significant hours in addition to the norm have been worked.
- Please submit a resume and covering letter to: Avalon Sexual Assault Centre by email at:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please no phone calls. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Deadline for Applications: Friday, January 16th, 2015